Solar Storage Tank 101
AKA: solar water tank, solar tank
Asolar water tank is an insulated water storage tank. Cold water thatused to go directly to your conventional water heater enters the solartank and solar-heated water exits. In closed-loop systems, the water isheated by contact with a coil of pipe containing the water orantifreeze that circulates through the collectors. In open-loopsystems, the potable water is directly circulated through thecollectors.
The preheated solar water is then plumbed back tothe cold side of your existing heater, which now functions as a backup.Whenever hot water is turned on in the house, preheated solar hot wateris moved from the solar tank to the backup heater.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?