Solar Stocks Crumble on Germany Subsidy News
Solar stocks have been hit hard over the past hour as Reuters reported Germany would begin cutting subsidies by 16 – 17%in April.
German cuts have long been expected, but some had called fora 10% reduction later in the year, so this is a bit more than what someexpected. Not to mention solar stocks (the China names in particular)have been on a tear, so any negative news was bound to throw them fromthe perch. According to German government and industrial sources, morecuts could come in 2011. This is great news for those that may havemissed the initial run in the China solar plays. You may get a 2ndchance.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?
- Ernie Moniz To Lead the U.S. DOE
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation