Solar Stock Analyst Upgrades (YGE) (FSLR) (SPWRA) (HSBC)
Some positive analyst ratings are out this morning. Here’s the rundown:
Hat tip to StreetInsider.com for the analyst comments.
First Solar (FSLR) gets a Buy rating from Merriman Curhan. The firm says, “First Solar is a leading provider of thin film solartechnology primarily serving the power utility market and continues tocommand cost leadership at $0.87/watt vs. its silicon-base solar peergroup at $2.50/watt. Solar is rapidly becoming a critical alternativeenergy solution with First Solar quickly becoming one of the dominantplayers in the solar market. We believe investors need to own FSLR as acore holding in an investment portfolio.”
SunPower (SPWRA) gets a Buy rating from Merriman Curhan. The firm says, “SunPower is a leading vertically integrated solar celland module maker with the highest efficiency commercially availablesolar panels. Solar is rapidly becoming a critical alternative energysolution with SunPower quickly becoming one of the dominant players inthe solar market. We believe investors need to own SPWRA as a coreholding in an investment portfolio.”
Oppenheimer initiates coverage on A-Power Energy (APWR) with an Outperform.
HSBC upgrades Yingli Green Energy (YGE) from Neutral to Overweight.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?