Solar Roadmap to Full US House
According to its author, Representative Gabrielle Giffords (D-AZ),the bill would “strengthen the American solar technology industrythrough a coordinated research and development programs andpublic-private partnerships.”
During a recent tour of solar power facilities at Arizona State University, Giffords told the Phoenix Sun that the Roadmap is based on a plan by members of the semiconductor industry, created just as that field was getting started.
“So much is riding on solar power as a clean and renewablereplacement for fossil fuels,” she said. “We should make sure thatfunds are targeted at programs and projects that the Roadmap Committeeconsiders essential.”
That committee of eleven members would be picked by the Secretary ofEnergy, drawn from industry, government laboratories and academia. Thebill authorizes over $2 billion for developing, improving anddemonstrating solar power projects.
The Phoenix Sun covers solar power from Phoenix, Arizona – the sunniest major city in the nation. In addition to reportingon innovations in solar technology, green job growth and advice for homeowners who want to go solar, the Sun investigates stories you won’t findelsewhere. We cover the legal, political and regulatory framework that has keptthe US solar power industry far behind competitors in Europe and Asia. And wetrack the potential for a solar surge today and tomorrow. The sun isedited by investigative reporter Osha Gray Davidson who has covered theenvironment and politics for 25 years, writing for Mother Jones, RollingStone, the New York Times, and other national and international publications.Articles l Homepage
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?
- Ernie Moniz To Lead the U.S. DOE
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS