Solar Powered Touch Down Concept Car
Touch Down is a futuristic car concept which provides you a glimpseof what a green four-wheel drive may look like 20 years hence. Designedby Guo Ke, the concept recently won the Silver Award of Best HarmoniousBeauty at the First “Science & Future” International Concept CarDesign Contest. The completely zero emissions car runs on batteriescharged by solar or wind power plants. Touch Down’s rear is equippedwith a battery tank which contains a total of six high-capacitybatteries that can be removed and recharged independently. Greencredentials apart, this futuristic car which claims to take you on aride at the speed of an aircraft has an eye-catching sleek design with a low body and electric motors in its tires allowing in-wheel drive.
Via: The Design Blog
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan