Solar-powered parking lot opens in Isla Vista
IslaVista in Santa Barbara County, California witnessed the openingceremony of its first solar-powered car parking lot that offers 45parking spaces and is equipped with an array of 98 solar panels mountedon steel beams to power the lights and parking meters in the lot.
Builton a half-acre site that once housed a gas station, the solar parkinglot will soon be equipped with 109 solar panels, enabling it togenerate energy to power all lights along Pardall Road.
Via: The Daily Sound
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System