Solar-powered device in Calgary aims to slow down speedy drivers
Insome places you get a ticket for speeding above the limit, others justwarn you and leave you to drive at a decent speed but the City ofCalgary is trying a new approach – scolding you like a parent. The cityhas installed new speed reading devices that are equipped with radarthat checks the speed of a passing vehicle and if its above the ratedlimit it displays a scolding message.
The city haspurchased 16 of the new devices that only flash the limit, each ofwhich is priced at $5940. The devices carry a solar panel thatgenerates all the power the system requires, which lowers theiroperating costs and means less ground wiring.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar