Solar-powered bicycle parking pods, another reason to ride a bike
Normalexcuses for not riding a bike to office range from arriving to workladen with sweat to arriving wet during rainy season. All these excuseswon’t be much relevant if your office houses the solar-powered bikeparking pods that do much more than keeping your bike safe from harshclimate. Designed by Penny Farthings Pushbikes, the solar-powered bicycle parking pod comes with change rooms, showers, a self-cleaning system and the use of recycled water.
Theparking pod is 2.4m wide and 5m long, with enough space to fit twoshowers, two change rooms, ten lockers and ample space to park 10 bikesas well. The first of the parking pods have been installed atQueensland University of Technology’s Kevin Grove campus.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?
- Ernie Moniz To Lead the U.S. DOE
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS