Solar Powered Air Conditioner from Gree Electric Appliances
China’s Gree Electric Appliances has developed the country’s first solar-powered air-conditioning system that can also send excess electricity to the power grid. The companyhas stated that the first 50,000 units of the air conditioner will besold in the American market, after which the system will be madeavailable for purchase in China.
The system, which mainly makes use of renewable solar energy, makesuse of normal grid electricity only when solar power is inadequate. Thecompany has big plans for the second version of the air conditioner,which will be 100 percent solar powered.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar