Solar Power Recap: June 21st
Welcome to Monday, everyone. We’ll skip right to the chase thismorning. Here are today’s notable solar energy (and miscellaneousenergy) stories:
In California solar energy news, PG&E and SunRun, a provider ofsolar leases, announce a major million financing deal. The California utility will provide up to $100 million to help finance SunRun solar home energyinstallations in five states: Arizona, Colorado, Massachusetts, New Jersey and California.
Hank Stuever of the Washington Post calls reviews Gasland, a documentary being billed as “one man’s journey into anatural gas crisis.” The film debuts tonight on HBO. Topaz Resources,meanwhile, presents the counterpoint on natural gas.
Where were you on Solar Day 2010?
The Tennessee Valley Authority (TVA) suspends its Green PowerGeneration Partners Program, which paid out a popularproduction-based incentive to owners of solar energy systems. Judgingfrom the following quote, TVA’s decision has caught a few folks offguard: “We were shocked,” said Jim Purcell, at NashvilleElectric Service. “We were absolutely shocked.”
As we reported late last week, Solyndra is bailing on itsmuch-vaunted IPO plans in favor of private equity. Theinnovative solar panel maker in California cited “ongoing uncertaintiesin the public capital markets” as main consideration behind the move.
Finally today: just in case you were considering a solar home panelinstallation in Ukraine, a new market report mayhelp you find your way.
That’s all for now — thanks for reading. We’ll see you back here onWednesday.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy