Solar Power International Day One Roundup
Previous SPI events were big but not this big. Solar is no longer a boutique industry.
The mood was upbeat and the outlook positive with some visibility intothe next few quarters of strong growth and continued sold out factoriesfor the next quarter or three. Forecasts are a bit murkier out furtherthan that with massive capacity coming on-line and some uncertainty over the German feed-in-tariff and the usual ignorance over what the UScongress might do, if anything. Module prices are expected to continueto fall over the next quarters with approximately 15 gigawatts shippedin 2010 and the prospect of 20 gigawatts shipped in 2011.
Biz Stone, co-founder of Twitter, spoke about his visionary businesspractices and the creation of cultural shift at Tuesday’s GeneralSession at SPI. Biz Stone was a last-minute replacement for Peter Darbee, CEO and president of Pacific Gas and Electric. (Secretary of the Interior Kenneth Salazar will speak on Wednesday onthe Obama administration’s efforts to make a rapid move to large-scaleproduction of renewable energy on public lands.)
Inverters, microinverters and DC optimizers were everywhere. And if you don’t know the term "AC Module" — well you do now. Microinverterfirms had the photovoltaic panels of leading suppliers intergrated withtheir microinverters in their booths and panel manufacturers showed offtheir own AC modules. We went into detail on that topic in this Microinverter Bubble article.
Greentech Media is an integrated online media company designed to deliver the highest-quality content in the industry, whether it is research, news or critical networking events. Greentech Media is headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., with operations in New York City, San Francisco and Munich.
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!