Solar Power as an Investment
EdwardSimburger, an electrical engineer and owner of a grid tie solarelectric system on his home published a research paper called, “Residential Photovoltaics; An Investment Vehicle for Retiree’s II” which answers the question if solar power should be part of everyone’s investment portfolio.
Inhis paper, Edward compares an investment in a solar electric system tofinancial indexes and concludes that in investment in photovoltaicsprovides a better return since it’s low risk and has built in inflationprotection.
Edward collected the data for the solar electricsystem from the system installed on his own home in California. Aselectric rates continue to increase the rate of return on a solarelectric system also increases. With rebates, tax credits and otherincentives given by local, state and federal governments, today solarpower is a much safer investment than the stock market, wouldn’t youagree?
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?