Solar Panels Plus Introduces SplitCool Solar Air Conditioner
Solar Panels Plus (SPP), a designer and manufacturer of solar water heaters, solar air conditioning/heating systems and photovoltaic solar panels, has released the SplitCool DC18, a ductless DC-powered air-conditioning system.
The SplitCool DC18 is ideal for commercial or residential locations where cooling or heating is required and grid power is unavailable, is unreliable or requires generators (with potentially complex or costly refueling logistics), SPP says. The unit runs off a battery bank that is supplied power from an array of photovoltaic panels and installs without ducts, thus eliminating the majority of installation and materials costs.
The SplitCool DC18 can be used in permanent and temporary remote buildings or structures, such as construction office trailers, portable classrooms or medical facilities. It uses a brushless, permanent-magnet DC motor with a digital frequency driver that allows it to size itself dynamically based on load with a variable speed and variable refrigerant flow compressor, the company adds.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar