Solar Panel Maker Semprius Taps $500,000 In Stimulus Funding
The company is developing a novel transfer printing technology forthe manufacture of advanced semiconductor devices. In conventionalsolar panels, semiconductors cover 100% of the panel’s surface.Semprius’ technology covers only 0.1% of the panel with semiconductorcells. The remainder of the panel is covered in hundreds of tiny lensesfocusing the sun’s energy onto the semiconductor cells.
The lenses are far less expensive than the semiconductor cells.
Semprius will use the $500,000 from the American Recovery andInvestment Act to fund its efforts to maximize the efficiency of thelenses in concentrating and directing sunlight to the semiconductorcells.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System