Solar Key Says Jobs For The Future Community College Report
Jobs for the Future (JFF) today released three new publications examining innovative wayscommunity colleges are serving their students, communities, and emerging workforce needs. JFF develops, implements, and promotes new educationand workforce strategies that help communities, states, and the nationcompete in a global economy. In more than 200 communities across 43states, JFF improves the pathways leading from high school to college to family-sustaining careers.
Informed by research from the MetLife Foundation Community College Excellence Award program and other JFF initiatives, the briefs highlight effective examples ofpreparation in mathematics and for careers in health care and the greeneconomy. Each offers new perspectives on the issue of college and career readiness. “Across the nation, community colleges are leaders inproviding educational and career opportunities for students of all agesand supporting local economic development,” said Dennis White, president and CEO of MetLife Foundation. “The profiles of innovation in thesepublications provide good news for students and the future of America’sworkforce.”
“Community colleges are instrumental in preparing, retraining, and reenergizing the U.S. workforce for the 21st century,” said Marlene B. Seltzer, president and CEO of Jobs for the Future. “The colleges featured inthese briefs provide prime examples of creative solutions thatspecifically address community-based challenges.” The report highlightscommunity colleges development in developmental math healthcare training and going green. The emerging and expanding green economy has thepotential to create not just jobs, but career opportunities across theUnited States as green manufacturing, products, and services fuel demand for workers at all skill levels. Community colleges are leading the way in defining and addressing these opportunities, developing programs inexpanding fields from solar energy to green construction; creating newand better training programs for green jobs; and developing educationalpathways that lead to the Associate’s and Bachelor’s degrees that arekey for advancing in these emerging careers.
QuestPoint Solar Solutions is your online source for news, information, commentary, and knowledge in the solar, renewable energy and green economy. With all the tech talk about solar, climatechange, smart grids and going green. It’s good to have a resource likeQuestPoint that makes it fun, upbeat and easier to understand what thegreen movement is about. In the new green economy knowledge is key.
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar