Solar industry to add 60,000 new jobs in California!
Solar has been growing even faster in recent months, just asexpected, and there is no end to this impressive growth in sight. Allthis to keep pace with the incredible growth seen by wind power justlast year, as reported by AWEA. A new study released Wednesday says apotential 60,000 more jobs in solar could be added by 2016 in California alone. This is an amazing number, especially as the total number of solar relatedjobs by that time in the entire US should be 200,000. Caifornia isexpected to make up one quarter of new growth in solar power,reaffirming california’s leading role in solar power in the unitedstates. Not only are the number of solar jobs said to increase, but 10gigawatts of new solar power could be installed by that time as well,which is enough to power 2 million homes. Just last year 17,000 newsolar jobs were created, so 60,000 should be an easy achievement forsolar power in California by the year 2016. As always, now is a greattime to get yourself into solar power, or a solar business!
Post from: Boots On The Roof
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System