Solar EV Charging Station Unveiled in NYC
The fervently ‘green’ proposition is the very first of its kind in New York City. Located in the Brooklyn Bridge Park, the solar powered EV charging station was conscientiously gifted by the Beautiful Earth Group, alluding to the sustainable efforts related to the beautiful park itself.
Constructed modularly of recycled shipping containers, this off-grid station ingeniously integrates solar panels on the roof top. Theharnessed power is then transmitted to the batteries, which in turn cancharge five of the park’s electric service vehicles, an electric car and additionally, a small home. Approximately producing 5.6 kW of cleanpower, the conception is estimated to save the park $200,000 in gasoline costs, and even completely nullify 530 tons of carbon dioxideemissions!
Already touted as one of the first effectual efforts in support of the ambitious yet green proposal of PlaNYC, which aims to reduce the carbon emissions of New York City by 30percent, this station will surely prove its sustainable value in thelong run.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!