Solar Companies Can Find Opportunity Away from the Grid
As solar energy technology continues to evolve, consumers are going tofind that it works with more applications than they may have everimagined. Some signs of this emerging technology can be found in thethin-film and ultra-efficient photovoltaic technologies being developed by somecompanies.
Industry analysts have suggested that as thin-filmphotovoltaics continue to become more sophisticated, homeowners couldeventually be able to buy products such as windows that generate solarenergy, as well as backpacks that generate power to keep electronicdevices charged.
With these things in mind, a recent report inthe Denver Post featured Ascent Technologies, which is located inColorado and which is working to establish a niche for itself in thethin-film solar panel industry by focusing on areas where electricityservices may not be widely available.
The newspaper noted thatabout 1.6 billion people around the world live off of the electricalgrid, which offers a substantial potential market for a company thatspecializes in convenient and efficient solar energy technology.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?