Solar Big Tunas Join Forces
Major players in the PV solar industry have decided to join forces and create the Global Solar Council, a CEO-level coalition with the goal of expanding the use of PV solar in a sustainable and cost-effective manner.
Global Solar Council members will work with governments all over the world to help continue the growth of the industry by demonstrating how affordable and abundant PV solar energy actually is. In addition, the Global Solar Council wants to illustrate that supporting PV solar not only fosters technological breakthroughs, but also aids in job creation and economic growth.
According to the newly minted Executive Director of the Global Solar Council Roland-Jan Meijer, “The Global Solar Council is an important and timely industry initiative. It demonstrates a strong commitment by key players in the sector to work together to continue to make solar energy a global success.”
The Global Solar Council’s founding members and their representatives are:
- Applied Materials (Dr. Charles F. Gay, President).
- Dow Corning (Robert D. Hansen, CEO)
- DuPont (David B. Miller, President, DuPont Electronics & Communications)
- First Solar (Michael J. Ahearn, Chairman and Interim CEO)
- Lanco Solar (Vutukari Saibaba, CEO)
- Phoenix Solar (Dr. Andreas Hänel, CEO)
- Suntech (Dr. Zhengrong Shi, CEO)
Major Solar Players Join Forces to Expand Industry originally appeared in Green Chip Stocks. Green Chip Review is a free 2x-per-week newsletter, is the first advisory to focus exclusively on investments in alternative and renewable energies.
Green Chip Stocks Editors & Contributors Jeff Siegel Jeff Siegel is the managing editor of Green Chip Stocks, an independent investment research service that focuses exclusively on renewable energy and organic and natural food markets. Nick Hodge One of the bright young minds in today's cleantech industry, Nick is putting his knowledge of nascent green markets to use in several ways... Nick is the co-author of a best-selling book and has interviewed dozens of times for TV and Web; his keen insight, uncanny foresight, and global contacts have led to double- and triple-digit wins for his readers, time after time.
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa