3D Solar’s Prototype Panel
I thought today (Blog Action Day 2009)would be a good day to post a couple snapshots of my prototype solarpanel. Getting these made was my "summer project", which morphed intothe full-on launching of my new company 3D Solar Inc.
For anyone new to the site, these patent pending panels incorporate amirror with each row of solar cells forming a V-shape pair. This iseasiest to see in the top picture, where the mirror is on the left andthe row of cells on the right (pattern repeats)–if you look at thebottom of the picture you can see the V. The reason this is/should be"interesting": because the mirror puts more light on the cells, you getmore power from each cell, so you need fewer cells per panel, leadingto less expensive panels.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Why Green Buildings Work
- FUTUREWATCH: 3D NAND Flash Memory
- STUDY: Humans Caused Climate Change
- Nickel Iron Battery
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
Find Reviews ofLocal Solar Installers