Sign On to the Solar Bill of Rights
In 2009 at Solar Power International, the largest solarconference and expo in North America, Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA) President Rhone Resch unveiled the solar bill of rights. Among the manifesto’seight points are provisions promoting the solar industry’s right todevelop solar on public lands, and the consumer’s right to becompensated for the power generated by their solar panels by at leastthe going retail rate charged by their utility.
The Solar Bill of Rights is part policy, part advocacy — it waswritten to help expand the American solar market by outlining basicpolicy requirements and educating the public on the benefits of solarenergy. We’re including it here, for your reading pleasure. But don’tjust read it — sign it! Astrong solar industry is consistent with a strong America.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy