Siemens, Suntech enter framework agreement for PV panels
Siemens Energy has signed a framework agreement with Suntech PowerHoldings Co. Ltd, the world’s largest manufacturer of photovoltaic (PV)modules. The photovoltaic modules to be supplied under this umbrellaagreement are for several projects in Europe.
"Siemens isoffering EPC solutions for photovoltaic plants," said Martin Schulz,Vice President Photovoltaics Siemens Renewable Energy Division. "WithSuntech we have a bankable partner to provide reliable photovoltaicplants to our customers."
In the last seven months, Siemens hassecured orders for photovoltaic plants with a combined capacity of over80 MW from six different countries. As EPC contractor, the companyhandles the turnkey construction of solar power plants combiningin-house components such as inverters or transformers and independentpanel sourcing as well as local sourcing.
Jerry Stokes, President of Suntech Europe, stated: "We are excited to establish a strategiccooperation with a strong partner such as Siemens. We have alreadystarted executing on the agreement for projects developed throughoutEurope. Siemens’ global presence facilitates joint projects in Europe as well as in other parts of the world."
Photovoltaic plants arepart of Siemens’ Environmental Portfolio. In fiscal 2010, revenue fromthe Portfolio totaled about EUR28 billion, making Siemens the world’slargest supplier of ecofriendly technologies. In the same period, ourproducts and solutions enabled customers to reduce their carbon dioxide(CO2) emissions by 270 million tons, an amount equal to the total annual CO2 emissions of the megacities Hong Kong, London, New York, Tokyo,Delhi and Singapore.
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!