SEVC Provides Solar Vehicles at Chicago Botanic Garden
Chicago-based Solar Electric Vehicle Company is providing its ecofriendly 14-passenger vehicle to the Chicago Botanic Garden as part of the opening of the Garden’s Daniel F. and Ada L. Rice Plant Conservation Science Center.
The 14-passenger electric vehicles developed by SEVC carry tworooftop solar panels, each of which is designed to charge six 8Vbatteries that collectively make up a 48V battery system. The panelproduces up to 180 watts @ 60 volts, so a 3 amp continuous charge isproduced from the panel when exposed to direct sunlight.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System