SEPA Forms Utility Solar Interest Groups
The Solar Electric Power Association (SEPA) hascreated Utility Solar Interest Groups (USIG) for its utilitymembers. USIGs provide forums to identify industry concerns, examinepotential solutions, share ideas and develop best practices, SEPA says.
The groups focus on the following issues: grid integration, includingdistributed and centralized grid analysis, design, operation andmanagement; policy, including federal policy, state legislation andregulation; program management, including customer incentive, marketingand educational needs; strategic issues, such as workforce development,grid parity and climate change; and utility solar business models.
Each USIG sets its own schedule and agenda on a consensus basis, and usesonline tools so that participants can contact each other, share meetingsummaries and other documents and post announcements The USIGs arecurrently open only to employees of SEPA member utilities.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar