Senators Introduce Advanced Energy Tax Incentives Act
U.S. Senate Energy & Natural Resources Committee Chairman JeffBingaman, D-N.M., and Small Business & Entrepreneurship CommitteeRanking Member Olympia J. Snowe, R-Maine, have introduced a package oftax incentives designed to support advanced energy technologies andstrategies.
The legislators say the Advanced Energy TaxIncentives Act of 2010 (S.3935) "focuses broadly on building andindustrial energy efficiency, domestic manufacturing, emerging cleanenergy technologies and carbon mitigation."
"We must continue toensure that the tax code contains well-designed incentives that willhelp us transition to an energy-efficient economy," Bingaman says. "This is a commonsense, bipartisan proposal that deserves priorityconsideration."
The act incorporates several bills the senatorsjointly introduced earlier during this session of Congress, as well asseveral new provisions.
SOURCE: Office of Sen. Jeff Bingaman
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1