Senate Committee Passes Historic Climate Legislation
The Senate Environment and Public Works Committee today passed theClean Energy Jobs and American Power Act, S. 1733, a historic actionthat will help strengthen the economy, increase America’s security andreduce carbon pollution.
“This clears the way for full Senate action on clean energy andclimate legislation that will put Americans back to work, reduce ourreliance on foreign oil and create a healthier future for ourchildren,” said Frances Beinecke, President of the Natural ResourcesDefense Council. “Americans are united around these goals. It’s timefor the full Senate to act. “Chairman Boxer and her colleagues took animportant step forward with today’s action. They have worked underdifficult circumstances to craft S. 1733 and sought to have fullconsideration of this important legislation in the Environment andPublic Works Committee.
Yesterday Senators Kerry, Graham and Lieberman issued a statementcommitting them to working together to combine the best of S. 1733 withadditional provisions to produce a bi-partisan bill that the Senatewill pass.
“It’s vital for the Senate to advance this legislation todemonstrate America’s resolve and leadership in shifting to a cleanenergy future. NRDC looks forward to working with all Senators toachieve this goal,” said Beinecke.
The Search for Environmentally-Sustainable Solutions & CleanTechnologies, Cleabeta is the blog of Clean Tech Law & Business.Clean Tech Law & Business is the firstpeer-reviewed journal devoted exclusively to legal and financialaspects of clean tech. Readers will receive academic-grade research andanalysis of the issues complicating the commercialization of criticaltechnologies from leading clean-tech authorities in law, finance,technology, government, non-profits and academia. CleanBeta is written byWilliam Pentland.¹ If you have any comments, questions or concernsabout content that appears on CleanBeta, please feel free to send themby email to firstname.lastname@example.orgArticles l Homepage
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa