Sen. Udall Proposes ‘Solar Uniting Neighborhoods (SUN) Act’
ColoradoSenator Mark Udall (D) has introduced legislation proposing toextend tax breaks to homeowners that invest in community solar projects. As it stands today, homeowners who install solar panels on their ownhouse receive a 30-percent tax credit.
Udall’s SUN Act would extend this tax credit for those who invest inneighborhood solar farms that collectively tap into a solar powerproject installed on a seperate plot of land.
"I’m proud to introduce this bill based on what I learned on theWestern Slope. It will expand the use of our abundant solar power,strengthen Colorado’s renewable energy industry and create good-payingjobs throughout our state," said Udall.
EnergyBoom is a global leader in news information about the renewable energy sector, offering expert analysis to keep you on the cutting edge of the renewable energy world. From public policy and financial analysis to company profiles to social commentary and the basics, EnergyBoom is your 360° view of the renewable energy world. Our contributors scour the globe daily for the latest news and information delivering insight and analysis, covering everything from new technologies to breaking news.
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!