SEIA Road Trip Shows How Solar is Helping America
The Solar Energy Industries Association (SEIA), an industry trade group, is taking a new approach to educate the American public about the benefits of solar energy.
Yesterday, the organization introduced a new campaign entitled “TheSolar Generation USA Road Trip,” during which award-winning directorAlan Blake took a 3-week trip from Cape Cod, Massachusetts to LosAngeles, California in order to film short online and broadcast segments from different parts of the country. The shorts showcase how America’ssolar industry is saving property owners money on utility bills andputting everyday citizens back to work. In total, the campaign includesthree “webisodes,” a four-minute film and a public service announcement.
SEIA President and CEO Rhone Resch explained why his organization decided to invest in the new campaign:
“Solar energy is working for America, creating good jobs andinvestment in all 50 states. Whether it is an installer, or a solarmanufacturing line worker, or a family or business that has experiencedthe benefits of solar, the Solar Generation USA road trip captures justhow far solar energy has come in the United States.”
Check out Webisode #1.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?