Save Materials and Saving Costs with PV
The photovoltaics industry has to be increasingly frugal with its raw materials in order to survive in the price war. The role model, as isoften the case, is the microelectronics industry.Applied Materials Baccini, considered one of the leading equipment providers, was featured in the latest issue of Sun & Wind Energy Magazine. The following is a short excerpt of the article.Materials savings with a simultaneous increase in efficiency was also at the center of development work at Applied Materials (AMAT). AtIntersolar this year, AMAT subsidiary Baccini presented its Esatto Double Print Technology with a view to increased efficiency. The technology enables an increase in efficiency of 0.5% in cell manufacturing and saves considerableamounts of costly silver solder, according to AMAT. The Esattotechnology is already in use in several solar companies in China,Taiwan, and Europe and is reportedly poised to exceed the 2 GW mark insuccessful production within the next few months.
Visit the Sun & Wind Energy web site to access the full article.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?
- Ernie Moniz To Lead the U.S. DOE
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS