Saudi Arabia, Japan Plan Huge Solar Desalination Equipment Plant
Saudi Arabia, which depends on desalination for most of its fresh waterneeds, has implemented many ideas to make desalination a moreeconomically viable and eco –friendly option, which includes setting up solar powered desalination plants.
Recently, Saudi infrastructuredeveloper ACWA Holding joined hands with Japanese companies, Toyobo andItochu corporations to form the Arabian Japanese Membrane company. Theyplan to construct a plant to manufacture reverse osmosis membraneelements used for desalination. This $352 million facility will be thefirst plant to produce desalination equipment on such a large scale. Itwill also manufacture “hollow-fiber” membranes which have a variety ofother applications apart from desalination of water. The company plansto make solar powered desalination equipment to realize the country’saim of becoming a member of the International Renewable Energy Group(IRENA).
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System
Find Reviews ofLocal Solar Installers