Sanyo, Panasonic Introduce Everleds Lithium-ion Solar Street Light
Sanyo and Panasonic recently announced the launch of the Everleds Lithium-ion Solar StreetLight that is designed to reduce impact on the environment. Thehigh-tech street light is made by combining solar cells and lithium-ionbatteries. The high efficiency solar cells harness solar energy andstore it in the lithium-ion batteries attached to the back of the panel.
Unlike previous solar streetlights that came with separatelyinstalled large lead batteries, the Lithium-ion Solar Street Light has a more refined design. It requires just a day’s charging and it is allready to illuminate for up to 15 hours every night. As it sports a slim, lead-free design, it is ideal for use in schools, parks, streets,around housing complexes and public outdoor facilities. The two versions of the street light are scheduled for release in Japan in January 2011.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System