San Jose Promotes Solar Energy Event
As part of the city’s Green Vision program, San Jose in California ispromoting a free event tomorrow (Friday 29) called Bright Green Day. Itincludes tours, workshops, live music, food trucks, community artcanvas, a 22-foot Earth Baloon and a show case of the City’s greenplans.
The city’s sustainability drive, launched in 2007, is an avant-garde public initiative to promote sustainability and renewable energy. It includes ten goals related to jobs, energy, water, waste, trees, and transportation. The plan is supported with $4 billion in venturecapital funding for clean technology. The goal is to 25,000 clean techjobs, 4,000 of which have already materialized since 2007.
Recently San Jose received the 2011 Siemens Sustainable Community Award for implementing Green Vision. The award is presented by Siemens in conjunction with Chamber BCLC andprizes innovation, integrity, ingenuity and resilience. Besides SanJose, two other communities were awarded for their local-levelsustainability planning: Raleigh in North Carolina and Greensburg inKansas.
“Our Green Vision has helped San Jose become the global center ofclean tech innovation,” Mayor Chuck Reed said. “Today, our city is hometo world leaders in green technology, who are creating jobs, fuelingeconomic growth and helping us build a sustainable community.”
Follow the link for more details more about Bright Green Day.
Follow us @energyrefuge
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?
- Ernie Moniz To Lead the U.S. DOE
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS