Retractable Mobile Solar Unit from OS
Solar power units are quite common nowadays. However, the uniqueness of the one developed by Japan-based OS Co. Ltd, dubbed as Mobile SolarUnit GSR-110B, lies in the fact that it can be carried easily and itssolar panels are retractable. It is a convenient power generation system that recharges its batteries with the solar power generated through the photovoltaic cells.
The unit is designed to provide a power of 40W through a 12V socket. However, it can be connected to another unit if the power requirementneeds to be doubled. Super-low voltage, flexible and light amorphousphotovoltaic generation sheet is used in the product in order to get along life and better rolling capabilities. The roll-up mechanism of theprojection screen in Mobile Solar Unit is just extraordinary.
As it is light weight (3kg), it can be easily carried to the placewhere it is required. It means that it is ideal for providingelectricity for an outdoor event, construction site, disaster camps orany outdoor tents. Thus, you can very well use this for emergencypurpose where the power requirement is somewhere near 40W or its double. The product is currently available in the Japanese market and is priced at $725.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!