Residential Solar Cell Systems by Toshiba Corp
April 1, 2010 will have Toshiba Corp selling its residential solar cellsystems that will use SunPower Corp’s monocrystalline silicon solarbattery module.
This isn’t an April Fools joke by the company, ifthat’s what you’re thinking. The company has decided to enter theresidential solar cell system market to promote their electricappliance and smart grid businesses. In future, the company has alsoplanned to sell their solar cell systems with "SCiB" lithium-ionbatteries and smart meters. The solar cell system has all its devicespurchased from other companies along with SunPower’s solar batterymodule, "SPR-210N-WHT-J," that boasts a cell conversion efficiency of21.5%. Added advantages include back-contact structure and the absenceof an electrode on the surface.
Using SunPower’s solar battery module will sure pump upthe heat between SunPower and Sanyo, the companies that have beencompeting for the highest conversion efficiency.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?
Find Reviews ofLocal Solar Installers