Researchers at Louisiana Tech Create Breakthrough Energy Harvesting Device
Researchers at Louisiana Tech University have successfully fabricated a breakthrough energy harvesting device,which utilizes waste heat energy from electronic gadgets to power them.Dubbed the CNF-PZT Cantilever, the device consists of a carbon nanotubeon a cantilever base of piezoelectric material.
The carbon nanotube film absorbs heat and forces the piezoelectriccantilever to bend, which then generates an electric current in thematerial. The device is so small that thousands of small CNF-PZTCantilever devices can be designed into devices, allowing them toharvest their own wasted energy.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System