ReneSola (SOL) Announces 3 Yr, 600MW Solar Supply Deal
ReneSola (SOL) is announcing a big solar orderthis morning. Details are limited, but the company has received a600MW OEM deal to supply solar modules over the next 3 years to a majorglobal solar company. Shipments will be spread evenly at 200MW peryear.
CEO Li Xianshou commented: “Our first major solar module OEMcontract reflects the exceptional value inherent in ourcost-competitive solar wafer and solar module OEM manufacturingplatform. Our customers are increasingly recognizing the benefits ofincluding our cost-effective solar solutions as important components intheir production processes. We plan to leverage our module OEMcapabilities to significantly strengthen and expand customerrelationships with key industry players and further increase our solarwafer sales. We believe this OEM deal underscores our vision to leadthe world in solar wafer production.”
Shares are surging this morning, up nearly 10% premarket.
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa