Regional Power Purchase Initiative Plans 14.4 MW Purchase
The County of Santa Clara, Calif., and severalpartnering cities, VTA, Rethink Waste and Joint Venture Silicon Valleyhave launched the Regional Renewable Power Purchase Initiative, a multi-jurisdiction renewable energy procurement effort.
According to the County of Santa Clara, this is the U.S.’ largest publicrenewable energy procurement in terms of both number of sites and number of jurisdictions participating, although not in total installedcapacity. Sites include office rooftops, carports, water-storage tanks,bus depots, senior centers, parking garages and health centers.
The purchase, with a total planned solar capacity of 14.4 MW, will includerenewable power for a total of 70 sites across 43 separate locations,with nine participating cities and agencies lead by the County of SantaClara.
Phase I of the project is expected to be completed in2011.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System