REC to Recall All of Its Solar Panels From 2008
The total comes to around 420,000 solar panels. So far 100,000panels have been returned. The whole exercise will cost around $56million.
A recall like that, of course, just makes a bad situation worse forREC. Sales plummeted late last year with the economic downturn. Salesin Spain were particularly hard hit. The country actually surpassed Germanyto become the largest solar market in the world due to a high feed-intariff. But it also caused a land rush that lead to an oversupply ofpanels. Although some parts of the world economy have shown signs ofstabilization, solar prices continue to decline.
Greentech Media is an integrated online media company designed to deliver the highest-quality content in the industry, whether it is research, news or critical networking events. Greentech Media is headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., with operations in New York City, San Francisco and Munich.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- In Focus: Vertical Farming
- Why Green Buildings Work
- FUTUREWATCH: 3D NAND Flash Memory
- STUDY: Humans Caused Climate Change
- Nickel Iron Battery
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix