Real Goods Solar (RSOL) Completes 417 kW Installation For California Affordable Housing Community
Real Goods Solar recently celebrated the completion of a 417 kWsystem for Richmond Village, an affordable housing community in the SanFrancisco Bay area. The company will participate in an officialribbon-cutting ceremony on March 4th. So far, Real goods Solar hasdesigned and installed 790 kW worth of solar installations foraffordable housing communities in the area.
In a press release, John Schaeffer, Founder and President of Real Goods Solar, commented on the news:
“Richmond and San Francisco now have beautiful and efficient solarsystems that will produce low-cost power for many years and allow themto be an example for sustainability and green collar jobs in thecommunity. It’s very gratifying to see the underemployed anddisadvantaged workforce put to work installing solar and to see theSolar Living Institute’s training programs come to fruition.”
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?