Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies (QTWW) Opens New German PV Manufacturing Plant With Asola
Quantum Fuel Systems Technologies just announced that its affiliate,Asola, has opened a new PV manufacturing facility in Erfurt, Germany.The new, state of the art plant will employ 130 workers and produce 32MW of PV modules per year first. Later, it will expand to produce 45 MWannually.
In a press release, leaders from both companies commented on the new plant:
"With this new plant we underline our own exceptional growth path,which well exceeds the average growth rate within the solar industry.Our formula for success is, and will remain, un-compromising quality -Made in Germany," said Mr. Reinhard Wecker, the founder and CEO ofAsola.
"We are seeing positive signs in the market for the second half of2009," commented Alan Niedzwiecki, President and CEO of Quantum. "Ourexpanded capacity is already proving to be very timely, to support theincreased demand in line with the medium and long-term prospects forthe solar industry in Europe as well as the US."
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System