Quantum Fuel (QTWW) Selected As Qualified Solar Supplier By City Of LA
Quantum Fuel Systems (QTWW) is announcing that it is one of 12 companies that has been selected by the LA Dept of Water & Powerto be qualified suppliers for materials and services necessary forsolar power projects around the city to meet the Renewable PortfolioStandard mandate. This is an initial three year, $455 million effortto meet the goal of 20% renewable energy this year and 35% by 2020 witha goal of installing 200MW of solar capacity by 2012. The city willnow issue task proposals to all 12 qualified suppliers for acompetitive bid
Said Quantum CEO Alan Niedzweicki, “We applaud the City of LAand the DWP for their progressive vision and strategic plan to expandthe role of clean renewable energy in the largest municipal utility inthe nation. We are excited to be selected as a qualified supplier forthis important project, after months of review and diligence process bythe LADWP staff experts and their active Board. This project will helpto create much needed jobs in Los Angeles, as Quantum draws employeesfrom the Southern California region.”
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar
- Australian Scientists Printing Solar Cells Down Under
- Why are Auto Dealers Hating on Tesla?