Q3 U.S. Solar Market Insight
Today, SEIA® and GTM Research released the third quarter version of U.S. Solar Market Insight™, our quarterly deep-dive into the U.S. solar market. The executive summary can be downloaded here. A few highlights from the PV section (state-level detail contained in the full report):
As of the end of the third quarter, the U.S. had already achieved arecord year for PV installations. 188 MW were installed in the thirdquarter, resulting in a total of 530 MW for the year to date. Already,this represents 22% growth over the 435 MW installed in 2009, and thefourth quarter will only add to this total. At a broad level, demandremains driven by the Section 1603 Treasury Cash Grant program,state-level incentives, and improved project economics following a 2009module price crash amidst the global financial crisis.
If the installation rate through the third quarter were annualized, the U.S. would install a total of 706 MW in 2010, up 62% over 2009. Earlyfourth-quarter data suggests, however, that there will be a late-yearsurge in installations resulting in total 2010 demand of 855 MW, wellabove the current pace.
Greentech Media is an integrated online media company designed to deliver the highest-quality content in the industry, whether it is research, news or critical networking events. Greentech Media is headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., with operations in New York City, San Francisco and Munich.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar