PV Powered Supplying Inverters For HUD-Managed Multifamily Solar Project
Bend, Ore.-headquartered PV Powered Inc. saysits residential inverters have been selected for use in a largeresidential project in Monterey, Calif. The project is being managedunder the auspices of the U.S. Department of Housing and UrbanDevelopment (HUD) and the Housing Authority of the County of Monterey.It will use stimulus funds provided by the American Recovery andReinvestment Act.
The project, which is being constructed inmultiple locations in the Monterey area, will include approximately 600multifamily units. The initial phase of the project includes units atfour different housing complexes. Emard Electric of Loomis, Calif.,will be performing installations of the solar electronics.
Emarddesigned the systems to meet the power production targets specified bythe California Solar Initiative and is developing a custom performancemonitoring system using DECK Monitoring technology so that real-timedisplay of power output can be available at the HUD office. Emard alsoplans to set up virtual metering over the Internet with Pacific Gas andElectric to enable the establishment of feed-in tariff arrangementswith the electric company.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?