PV Industry Will Grow 92% in 2010 to Surpass 15 GW
Global solar photovoltaics (PV) panel production will eclipse 15gigawatts this year, according to GTM Research’s latest report, PV Technology, Production and Cost Outlook: 2010–2015. While subsidy cuts in key markets will lead to slower growth in 2011and beyond, panel production will still exceed 25 gigawatts by 2013. Atthe same time, increasing competition between suppliers will lead topanel prices of less than $1/watt by 2012 for select technologies.
The report explores current global PV supply chain environments, frompolysilicon production to wafer, cell, and module manufacturing. Inaddition to forecasting production volumes and component prices, thereport conducts an extensive examination of PV technologycharacteristics, producer-specific manufacturing costs, market dynamics, competitive positioning, and business model analysis .
Report Scope and Questions for Competitive Decision Making:
“Over the past 18 months, we have witnessed the global PV industrybecome more complex and dynamic than ever before,” said Shyam Mehta, the report’s author and a Senior Solar Analyst at GTM Research. “The supply chain has been bombarded with opportunities from scaling demand, andthe industry has responded to this competitive dynamic with new,low-cost technologies and more sophisticated business models.”
Greentech Media is an integrated online media company designed to deliver the highest-quality content in the industry, whether it is research, news or critical networking events. Greentech Media is headquartered in Cambridge, Mass., with operations in New York City, San Francisco and Munich.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?