Proposed Indo-U.S. Space Based Solar Program by 2025
A report published by an Indian Defense ministry-backed think tankhas proposed the establishment of an Indo –US international space-basedsolar energy program. Is this ever happens it could well become thesecond most important deal inked by the two nations ever since thesigning of the nuclear deal. The project envisages the establishment ofsolar collectors in geostationary orbit to collect solar radiationthroughout the year even during the night. The energy laden microwaveswould then be transmitted to ground based collectors. If initiated thepath breaking could become a commercially viable business venture by2025.
The massive project holds great significance for both countriesapart from taking their strategic relationship forward. Both thecountries have gigantic energy needs and are under immense international pressure to own up and reduce their carbon emissions. Fortunately bothare blessed in terms of solar energy sources which all the more sensewhy they seriously work on the project.
'EcoFriend' is an environmental blog. The idea behind EcoFriend is simple: to inform and educate consumers who love to possess the latest gadgets and products available in the market and who are also concerned about the environment around them.
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- The Solar Vineyard House by Michael Jantzen
- Report: Solar PV Market to Recover by 2015
- Green Design Standards and the Construction Industry
- Converting Waste Heat Into Electricity Through Osmosis
- The Solar Canals of India
- In Focus: Sustainable Base
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?