Pro-Tech Energy, Whitman complete first joint solar project
Pro-Tech Energy Solutions, LLC, a self-funded energy services company,announced a new strategic partnership with East Brunswick, NJ-basedWhitman Co., the leading environmental and engineering managementservices firm, allowing two environmental leaders to deliver turnkeyenergy efficiency and renewable energy solutions to the Mid-Atlanticregion.
"As a complete turnkey company, Pro-Tech has full, direct control over the entire design and construction process, assuring theclient of the highest attention to detail and quality of installation,"said John Drexinger, COO, Pro-Tech Energy Solutions. "Our partnershipwith Whitman expands our scope of expertise as well as our reach in theregion."
With this collaboration Pro-Tech now offers theexperience and dedication of a company that has nearly 25 years ofexperience providing practical solutions to the many complex engineering challenges that arise before and during the installation of a renewable energy or energy efficiency system.
Whitman’s environmentalexpertise complements Pro-Tech’s already robust energy service portfolio that consists of:
* Energy efficiency audits andrecommendations.
* Photovoltaic (PV) system design, engineering, andinstallation.
* Energy monitoring selection, installation and systemcommissioning.
* Management and coordination of state and federalgrant applications.
* Assistance in the long and short-termmanagement and sale of Solar Renewable Energy Certificates (SREC).
"Energy efficiency and renewable energy are an area of tremendous growth," said Barry Skoultchi, P.E., CEO and President of Whitman. "Thiscollaboration allows us to expand our focus from the engineering aspects of renewable energy into the development of financial modeling, designsystems and building, maintaining and monitoring these systems for bothpublic and private facilities."
In February, Pro-Tech andWhitman’s first joint project – the design, engineering and installation of a 1.3 megawatt (MWh) solar photovoltaic (PV) installation on a7-acre warehouse in Cherry Hill, N.J. – was completed in only 120 daysdespite significant challenges.
The hurdles encountered not onlyincluded the two largest snow storms since 1998, but a warehouse whoseweight capacity couldn’t support the solar panel installation and anysignificant snow fall. To surmount these engineering challenges, thecompanies collaborated to build an exo-skeleton structure that couldsupport the weight of both and alleviate weight off the roof in keyareas.
"On this project Whitman’s experience was essential indesigning an elevated exo-skeleton structure in which the solar panelswere placed to remove the weight off the roof," said Drexinger. "We arepleased with the results and look forward to working alongside Whitmanto leverage their expertise on upcoming projects."
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- Glass and Green Building
- How China Will Transform The Energy Industry
- New Project Will Forecast Solar Generation
- In Focus: The Potential of Los Angeles Solar
- Tesla Reports Profit, Stock SKYROCKETS
- SolarCity Raises $500M
- Graphene That Redefines Electric Current
- NextEra Gobbles Up Smart Energy Capital
- Oil Prices and Renewable Energy
- 5 Promising Eco Careers
- In Focus: People Power!
- The EV Cordless Power Vehicle Charging System