Premier Power Acquires Italian Solar Developer
California-based Premier Power Renewable Energy has acquired Italy’sArco Energy, a privately held solar project developer, EPC anddistributor with more than 20MWof permitted projects worthapproximately $114 million in potential revenue.
Premier Power expects Arco’s projects to begin generating substantial revenue growth in the second half of this year.
The acquisition gives the U.S. company access to Italy’s solarmarket, which is expected to grow from 325MW in 2008 to 3,000MW in 2016.
“While many European developers talk about projects in Italy, ArcoEnergy has proven it has the local market knowledge and expertise inthis emerging market necessary to execute. Arco has installed projectsin both the Northern and Southern regions of Italy, as well as thehighly coveted Sicilian market,” said Miguel de Anquin, Premier PowerCOO.
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!