Plans to Power Manhattan Beach With Solar
According to Manhattan Beach Community Group President Ira Zalcman, 900solar panels fitted on the old and abandoned bathhouse building nearOriental Boulevard will help generate enough energy to meet the needsof 10 percent of the people. This plan is a stepping stone inconverting Manhattan Beach to an environment friendly community.Similar projects will be carried out throughout New York City if allgoes well.
A feasibility study funded by Assembly member SteveCymbrowitz will be carried on in the next 3 to 6 months, to check thecosts and usefulness of the building structure. However some localresidents doubt the effectiveness of this project and have termed it asan uneconomical and costly proposal. So, will the Manhattan Beachcommunity have its own power generating system in the near future?Let’s wait and watch!
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!
- Florida Has Spoken: More Renewable Energy!
- Bloomberg Announces Insane NYC Climate Plan
- SunRun Wants Utilities to Innovate Rooftop Solar
- UW Professor Designs Solar Cells that Store Energy
- Buffet Bets Against Nuclear
- Squirrels: Solar’s Biggest Threat?
- Facebook’s Hydroelectric Data Center Opens in Sweden
- Renewable Energy Funding in South Africa