Piper Jaffray Reiterates Overweight Rating On JA Solar (JASO), Raises PT
Last night JA Solar (JASO) raised guidance and announced a share repurchase program. Piper Jaffray is responding this morning by reiterating their Overweight rating and raising the price target from $6 – $7.
Hat tip to StreetInsider.com for the following analyst comment:
“JASO provided new guidance after the close on December 14 for 4Q09shipment to be more than 210MW, vs. prior guidance of 170-200MW and ourestimate of 185MW, on current customer orders and new customer wins.FY09 is expected to exceed 488MW, above prior guidance of 448-478MW andour estimate of 463MW. FY10 is guided to 750-800MW, vs. our priorestimate of 780MW. JASO also announced a $75M ADS repurchase programeffective immediately. Shares will be bought back over time at marketprices…We believe the company is at a cross roads – between ahorizontally and vertically integrated supplier, and between a Chinese-and international-focused supplier. Clearly longer term it will seek tobecome a branded module supplier, and will not remain a cell-onlycomponent company. We believe its low cost structure makes it anattractive partner for a western company with brand presence. JASO isnow qualified to supply several major European OEMs, and we believe itwill win share in 2010. Its low cost cells allow western suppliers tobetter compete.”
Shares have come off just a touch from after hours trading last night, but still up about 5% in premarket trading.
- America’s Problem with Solar
- PV @ $0.37 per watt in 2017?
- Fuel Cells in Outer Space!
- Electric Vehicle Wireless Charging is Here
- New York City Gets 25 Solar Streetchargers
- Will Electric Racers dominate at Pikes Peak?
- Improving Solar Cells with Quantum-Dot Microscopy
- Reduce Your Global Footprint and Energy Consumption
- Solar on Breweries Across the U.S
- How Green Windows Provide Energy Efficiency
- Solar + Cloud Computing: Google’s Project Loon
- Wood as a Green Material
- In Focus: Green Engineering Advancements
- The Electric Vehicle Market in 10 Years
- Panasonic: 100M Li-Ion Tesla Batteries Ship This Month
- In Focus: India’s Energy Ties with Iran
- New Renewable Energy Projects Approved by Obama Adminstration
- The Solar Robots are Coming!