Piper Jaffray Downgrades GT Solar (SOLR), Lowers Price Target
Hat tip to StreetInsider.com for the following comment:
“While we believe SOLR’s DSS furnace business is well positioned fora coming expansion cycle and possibly a replacement cycle as thecompany launches its 600KG furnace next year, we have major concerns onSOLR’s polysilicon equipment (CVD) backlog that bring us to downgradethe stock…We believe that the company’s backlog for polysilicon reactorequipment (75% of its backlog) is at risk due to a rapidlydeteriorating financial condition at its polysilicon equipmentcustomers in China with little hope of an expansion cycle near term asthe Chinese government clamps down on new poly entrants in an effort torationalize capacity. We speculate that many poly start-ups in Chinacould shut down and it will be difficult for SOLR to get new bookingsor realize its contracted backlog…We downgrade SOLR to UW on polybacklog risk and lower PT to $3 (12x FY11 EPS of $0.26) from $7 (12xFY11 EPS of $0.56). We believe a multiple of 12x is justified owing topoly backlog risk and mgmt uncertainty partially offset by GT Solar’stechnology leadership and strong balance sheet.”
Search 26k+ Solar Articles
- New CPV Efficiency Record for Amonix
- Toyota Prius to be Replaced?
- Securitization and Renewable Energy
- The All-Electric Fiat 500e
- The Energy Supercomputer
- A Breakthrough or Just Another PV Module?
- Bloom Energy Sees Revenue Drop in Q1
- Catching Photosynthesis in the Act
- Top 5 Ways The U.S Military is Utililizing Renewable Energy
- New Solar Technology to Increase Efficiency
- The Rise Of The Green Machines
- Solar Savings: Tax Credits and Solar